5 Steps: How To Move On After Divorce
Updated: May 6
This is the #1 question I’m asked as a divorce recovery coach: How do I forget about my ex and move on? It’s a simple question. The answer is simple, too…it’s just not easy.
1. Choose to be grateful and look for silver linings always. This is much more manageable than trying to choose to be happy. You can’t change the situation, you can only change your mind.
2. Allow yourself time and space to grieve…a divorce is a tremendous loss…be patient with yourself. You can’t go around it, you have to go through it.
3. Accept the end of your marriage…it has happened…you cannot change it or fix it…accept that you may never get an apology and you may never know why it ended
4. Reconnect with yourself and keep a routine. Focus your energy on yourself and on the positive relationships and aspects in your life.
5. Love yourself the way you wanted your ex to love you. Create positive experiences for yourself (fix a cup of hot tea, have snuggly play-time with a pet, take a long shower, read a new novel, take a hike, watch an old favorite movie, etc)
Apply for a Before & After session with Rebecca Wolf using the button above. During this complimentary consult, you'll uncover your path to divorce recovery and discover the value of private coaching.
By Rebecca Wolf
Divorce Recovery Coach
Certified Life Coach
Founder of Her Divorce Project